Project Report on Rice Flakes Manufacturing
Introduction to Rice Flakes Manufacturing
Rice flakes Manufacturing is done from paddy. Paddy is the main grain crop of India. Rice Flakes Manufacturing is an agro-based industry. Being a cheap convenience food, it is consumed by all sections of society irrespective of their age. It is a large-scale consuming commodity. It is mainly used in the western region and some parts of the eastern and northern regions.
Generally, it is called breakfast food as it is mainly used for preparing breakfast. It is preferred by people of all age groups, i.e. children, young and old. Most people take it after frying whereas some take it with milk or curd. The dish is nutritious because it contains carbohydrates and proteins.
READ HERE – MANUFACTURING OF GHEE
India is the world\’s largest producer of commodities in terms of its favorable agricultural conditions and rich natural resource base. Poha or rice flax is a food item prepared from paddy.
It is quiet and nutritious food is often taken as breakfast or brunch. It is mainly used in the western region, namely Maharashtra and Gujarat, and in parts of the eastern and northern areas. Most people take it after frying while some take it with milk;
The dish is easy to cook, nutritious, and contains carbohydrates and protein. When garnished with coconut, fresh tomatoes, and Cetaphil, the vibrant red, green, and white color does not water your taste buds against the brilliant yellow of the poha drenched with turmeric.
Flakes are very easy to cook and can cook food in minutes. To make a snack using beaten rice, wash the beaten rice in water, and then soak it for 10 minutes.
Strain using a strainer and use as needed. It can be used in either salty or sweet snacks. Rice flakes are typically used to make exceptionally creamy puddings but can also make savory boxes.
READ HERE – BIOMASS BRIQUETTE MANUFACTURING
Objective: The main object of this model project report is to provide detailed knowledge to the entrepreneur for convenience in setting up the unit for rice flex manufacturing. This model report will serve as a guide to entrepreneurs on starting a new project and basic technical knowledge to set up such a facility.
BASIS & PRESUMPTION on Rice Flakes Manufacturing
- The cost with respect to plant & machinery, raw materials, and finished products has been taken at the time of preparation of this project report and may vary depending upon various factors.
- This report is detailed only in Techno-Economic –Feasibility aspects.
- It has been assumed that the unit will achieve its 70% capacity in 1st.yr. 75% in 2nd.yr. and 80% in 3rd.yr.
- Tax, Freight, Installation, and electrification cost is taken @ 15% of the cost of machinery and equipment.
- Non-refundable deposits, project report cost, trial production, and security deposits with the Electricity Board are taken under pre-operative expenses.
- Depreciation has been considered:
(a) On Building @ 5%
(b) On plant and machinery @ 10%
(c) On office furniture and fixtures @ 10%
(d) On other fixed assets @ 10%.
- Interest on capital investment has been taken @ 12.50% per annum.
- Promoter contribution has been taken @ a minimum of 05% of total current assets.
- All calculations are based on single-shift running.
- It has been presumed that 0.50% will go to waste during the milling processes, such as dust particles, stone particles, iron cuttings, unripped paddy, and other foreign materials.
- It has been presumed that the recovery rate of rice Chura will be 64 % & the rest will be Bran.
- It has been presumed that the unit will run at least 300 days a year.
- All calculations have been based on a single shift running for Rice Chura.
14. Plant capacity will be 200 MT paddy per month.
RAW MATERIALS AND CONSUMABLES on Rice Flakes Manufacturing
- Gunny bags.
ITEMS TO BE PRODUCED
- Chura Bran.
200 MT paddy month.
– 2400 MT paddy per annum.
– 8 hours per day
– 25 days per month
– 300 days per annum
Graded & shorted paddy is soaked in hot water for about 8 to 10 hours. Paddy is removed from the water a couple of hours before the commencement of work. Every time in the roaster, paddy is roasted with fine sand till two or three-grain burst and then fed in the flaking machine after removing the sand.
The rollers of the flaking machine are adjusted according to the fineness of the chura or flakes desired. In a short time, the paddy is pressed into fine flakes, and the bran is powdered and drops down automatically through the sieve.
Must read this – Potable Water
By pressing scrappers against the rim all flakes are collected near the center of the drum and are removed by hand. The shorted and graded flakes thus obtained are packed in gunny bags for marketing.
MARKET PROSPECTS-on Rice Flakes Manufacturing
It is an important agro-based industry. Being cheap convenient food, it is consumed by all sections of society irrespective of their age. With the development of this industry, even the inferior type of paddy can be utilized.
It will help the growers get the remunerative price of their product and generate employment opportunities. There are good possibilities to introduce poha-based nutritive products as mid-day food to the government children. schools.